We want to ensure that Soul Wars is great fun for everyone, so since its launch last week we’ve worked hard to refine the minigame and make it a better experience.
What is Soul Wars?
Soul Wars is a members-only team minigame, a remake of the original Soul Wars released in RuneScape on 10 February 2009. In Soul Wars, two opposing teams compete against each other to gather soul fragments and offer them to the Soul Obelisk in order to weaken, and ultimately defeat, each other's Avatars through combat. Each game lasts 15 minutes.
How to Getting there?
- Minigame teleport to Soul Wars
- Amulet of glory - teleports outside of Edgeville bank.
- Combat bracelet - teleports to the Monastery near Edgeville.
- Ring of dueling - teleports to Ferox Enclave, where players can access the Ferox Enclave Dungeon and the portal.
- Paddewwa Teleport - teleports the player into the Edgeville Dungeon, just a few steps away. Uses the Ancient Magicks spellbook.
We can now confirm that from this week, there will be a single waiting room in the lobby and team selection will be randomised.
Soul Wars Improvements & Changes:
- The inactivity timer will begin to tick down 10 seconds after a game starts instead of immediately.
- You can now examine the items in the ‘Other’ section of the Reward Shop.
- The Soul Wars tutorial will now display bearded characters’ chatheads in all their fuzzy glory.
- A ‘Check’ option has been added to the Spoils of War in the Reward shop to show how many you’ve opened so far.
- The time before you’re allowed to exit a Graveyard has been reduced from 15 seconds to 10. You’ll also receive immunity when exiting. This will last for a few seconds or until you attack another player.
- Attempting to attack Avatars from outside the boss room will now cause the minigame to pull you in, instead of telling you to move closer.
- Bandage healing will now display the name of the player that healed you instead of your own name.
- Skulled players on Deadman worlds can no longer start the Soul Wars tutorial or enter a waiting area.
- Bones and soul fragments will now appear above other dropped items while in Soul Wars.
- It is no longer possible to open Spoils of War on Entrana.
- Gravestones will no longer appear in Soul Wars waiting areas.
- Players will no longer be able to bypass the temporary ban for leaving a game early by hopping to another world.
- Rebalanced the quantities of certain items in the Spoils of War.
Also, after the initial launch of Soul Wars and the addition of new worlds to handle all the players wanting to try it out, we have decided that we will be continuing with 3 Soul Wars worlds, one in each global region:
- 320 US
- 350 UK
- 535 AUS
To clarify, the Ectoplasmator works on all spectral creatures. You can check a monster’s spectral status using the Monster Examine spell, but for quick reference, here’s a list:
- Shades (including Mort'ton shades)
- Tortured souls
- Spiritual creatures
- Aberrant spectres
- Death wings
- Barrows Brothers
In addition, the following enemies have been marked ‘spectral’:
- Deviant spectres
- Twisted banshees
- Treus Dayth
Lastly, the experience given by the Ectoplasmator has been increased from 15% of the creature’s health to 20%.
Of course, there are alternatives that you can use to earn gold in the game. Many players choose to buy OSRS Gold directly, which many online retailers selling OSRS Gold can do For Example RS3gold.com.